King Island from Sydney: Southern Golf Getaways provides the quickest and most direct connection.
King Island from Sydney is now accessible with a minimum of fuss by combining Jetstar and Southern Golf Getaways private charter services. Jetstar now operates two morning flights from Sydney providing a same day service to King Island.
Golfers departing Sydney at 7.00am arrive at Avalon at approximately 8.35am where Southern Golf Getaways’ Piper Chieftain corporate aircraft awaits them on the tarmac. After collecting bags, golfers make their way to their own private plane and get ready for the 40 minute hop across to King Island – just like the pros!
Once at King Island our friendly staff will be ready to greet you and transfer you to whichever course you’re playing first. With a fast turnaround it’s possible to be on the first tee in King Island by 10.30am.
For Sydney golfers we recommend Southern Golf Getaways two day package, which includes return private charter flights, as well as accomodation and golf at both Cape Wickham and Ocean Dunes. This package gives you the best chance to experience all that King Island golf has to offer without being punished for time.
The two day package allows Sydney golfers to depart Saturday morning and be back for dinner by Sunday evening.
See here for package details CLICK HERE
Alternatively golfers wanting to get from King Island from Sydney can go through Melbourne Tullamarine (main) Airport with Rex Airlines. There are a few major disadvantages here:
- Must catch the 6:00am Sydney to Melbourne flight, makes for a long and exhausting day when golf is best when you are fresh
- Go through 2 tedious rounds of bag checking, security and general big-airport buggering around
- Any delays with the Sydney Melbourne flight could result in you missing your King Island connecting flight
Compare Southern Golf Getaway’s Melbourne (Avalon) Airport ROCK STAR tarmac pick up experience:
- 7:00am Sydney to Melbourne flight
- Get off Jetstar flight and be greeted by your own personal pilot right there on the tarmac
- Be on King Island 40 minutes later, our pilot will escort you out and make sure transport is ready to go
- Tee off at 10:30am
- Enjoy our complimentary Golfers Snack Pack – give you a little boost for the 6th hole that morning
- Seemless and relaxing travel experience because we personally look after you from the moment you arrive at Avalon.
- The pilot and aircraft are at your service!
- Arrive back in Sydney on Sunday evening – and pinch yourself.